When it comes to taking care of your health, you have the basics down…
- proper exercise,
- good nutrition, and
- possibly some daily stretching to reduce soreness and keep up your range of motion.
But, have you considered the benefits massage therapy can bring to your body? Many people completely overlook this treatment option either due to the cost involved or because they consider it a luxury and not something they should be indulging in. It is time to change this thinking. While you may not be able to afford a massage each week, treating yourself once a month can be a great way to pamper your body and do your health good. Plus, various health care plans do cover this type of treatment, so be sure to look into your care plan to see what coverage you have.
Here are five good reasons why you might want to consider having a regular massage…
1. Stress Reduction. Relaxing on the table while the massage therapist goes to work is one of the best ways to take some time out and slow down your busy world.
Do you realize there are different types of massage? There are those purely for stress reduction and relaxation, and then there are deep tissue massages designed to help sore, tense muscles. Choose the appropriate one given your goals.
2. Injury Prevention. Next, massage therapy can be ideal for injury prevention purposes. If you are experiencing muscle tension and knots in any area of your body, therapy can help to work those out and as a result, contribute to reducing the occurrence of injuries down the road.
Remember, a small tight muscle today is one likely to become problematic later if not taken care of. Slowly this tightness can build and scar tissue may even form which will then lead to a lack of motion range.
3. Greater Mobility. Speaking of a range of motion, this is something else you will want to think about. Massage can help to boost flexibility by bringing more blood into the tissue area, reducing stiffness and helping you loosen up surrounding tissues.
If you feel tense and sore, this could impact your physical performance. Massage therapy can get you back on track so you can engage in the activities you enjoy.
4. Enhanced Sleep Quality. Finally, let us not forget about the sleep benefits from massage therapy. Go for one massage and you will see how deeply you sleep through that night. Since sleep is critical for optimal health, this again is a benefit to consider.
If you are a poor sleeper, a relaxation massage scheduled late into the evening may just help you find relief.
Keep these points in mind and consider booking a massage today. It really can help you feel better and become healthier overall.See More