Fruits can add a fun element to kid's meals. Finding fun food for kids can be
as easy as taking them to the grocery store with you. Selecting fruits
that are delicious and full of nutrients can be a fun project.
Getting children to eat fruit can be simple when we make it fun and entertaining.
Since fruit should be a staple in the menu of every family meal, allow the children to decide
which fruits they need to create a fun and interesting fruit pizza project.
You may be surprised by the fruits that select at the farmer's market.
The kids will choose interesting and colorful fruits at the store or farmers' market
Turn the kids loose making imaginative faces on the clean slate of the cream cheese
filling. Odds are, they will snack as they create – and like what they taste.
Choose fruits in an assortment of colors and sizes. Let the kids decorate the
pizza with fun faces or create other shapes on this colorful and fun pizza.
Desert Fruit Pizza For Kids
* Ready to bake pie crust
* 1/2 cup fat free or low fat cream cheese
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon 1% milk
Choose strawberries for the nose, kiwi fruit or seedless grapes for the eyes,
a banana for the mouth. The choices for making shapes are only limited by their
imaginations. The kids can choose pineapples mandarin oranges or any fruit they like.
1. Let the piecrust come to room temperature per the package instructions,
then unfold it onto a large cookie sheet or pizza pan.
2. Roll up edges of the crust, crimping them slowly so that they will stay
roled up. Prick the crust lightly with a fork in about 20 places (allowing air to escape).
3. Bake the crust in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 9 minutes or
until it's lightly browned.
4. Remove the crust from the oven.
5. Whisk together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice
6. Add just enough milk to make the mix able to spread onto the crust.
7. Allow the crust to cool.
8. Spread the cream-cheese mixture with a rubber spatula.
9. Spread to the edge of the crust.
Now its time for the kids to get involved.
* Allow the kids to arrange the fruit onto the cream cheese mixture. Do not worry if it is not perfect. It is perfectly nutritious and fun. Children may want to add sprinkles. Let their imaginations go wild.
Refrigerate the pizza for at least 1 hour. Slice with a sharp knife and serve.
The kids will be impatient and want to eat the pizza right away.
This cream cheese pizza pie is almost set but needs to be refrigerated to bring out the flavor.